INTERACTIVE 2-HOUR ONLINE COURSE
- Addresses how to manage pediatric trauma, the leading cause of death and disability in children over the age of one in the U.S.
- Provides the core cognitive knowledge to rapidly evaluate, stabilize, and transport the pediatric trauma patient
- Is participatory and simple to navigate, with easy-to read text, graphics, and voice over narration
- Can be completed in multiple sessions
Approved by the Florida Bureau of Emergency Medical Services and the Florida Board of Nursing for 2 hours of continuing education credit (#20-328935)
MAJOR LEARNING GOALS
- Describe the most common causes of trauma in the pediatric population
- Discuss the impact of pediatric anatomy & physiology on the patterns of injury and management
- List the steps of assessment in the pediatric trauma patient and determine the trauma score
- Summarize the approach to pediatric trauma management and the importance of rapid transport
- Describe the management of special trauma considerations in the pediatric population
Funded by the Florida Department of Transportation
Online Training and Education Courses
The Center hosts medical training and education for medical students, paramedic/firefighters, other first responders, physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and instructors. Many of our courses are FREE, or free for Florida Personnel.
This class is only offered to medical students.